Monday, October 14, 2013

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I deliberated quite a while over what my first post should be about. It occurred to me that regardless of the content, it needed to be Halloween in nature. And so it shall it be.


I love this time of year. The unrelenting beast of summer with it's scorching claws of heat is once again tamed and forced back into it's cage by the sweet and soothing spirit of fall. The flames from above, that nearly consume us, morph into the brilliant colors of autumn leaves overhead.

It's a time for carving Jack O' Lanterns...




















...pulling out the skeletons hiding in your closet...




















...telling spooky ghost stories...


















 ...and watching 1970's British Hammer Horror movies.





















As a child it was of course thrilling to dress up in a Halloween costume. I had some costumes that were simple and some that were more elaborate. But regardless of the outfit I donned you can bet I was ALWAYS in character. Pretending to be someone else was a powerful and freeing sensation and probably led to my love of stage acting. I keep telling myself I might one day return to the theater. But in the mean time I certainly have enough to keep me busy which is a perfect segue to my next post which will be another Halloween offering with a hand-made flare to it.



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment